The Gold Coast glitz and glamour does not translate well into savvy marketers willing to get a job done right the first time.
Specialising in Gold Coast web design, OnSwitch, has managed to see another side of people trying to make a buck from peoples lack of knowledge.
So without further delay, here are the questions everyone needs to ask their we developer:
- Can I see your past work?
- How long have you been in the industry?
- What technologies do you specialise in? Are they open source and is there a large community out there to support us if this relationship ends?
- Do you perform a digital audit before a project?
- Do you create the information architecture (IA) before the development begins for approval?
- Do we get staged releases so we can check we are on the same page?
- Is there a clear project schedule with clear milestones for us to meet?
- Can we have the site/campaign/social strategy tested by a third party?
And finally ask for a price that includes all of these things, because without the following you are just getting a shiny new toy that no one will ever see:
- SEO Strategy
- Digital audit of existing assets
- Information Architecture (IA)
- Design including 2 rounds of feedback (if needed) otherwise Optimised Theme (WordPress)
- At least 2 weeks of testing
- UAT (User Acceptance Testing)
After all that the site and database structure can actually get under way.
Remember, if you need a 3rd party to bounce some ideas off please give us a call or email.